The two-story, 41,665 SF academic building features classrooms, studios, and workshops for wood, fiber, jewelry, and pottery along with associated site work and utilities.
The chiller is a sophisticated stand-alone system that includes an absorption chiller that is solar powered tied into a conventional chiller. This mechanical system includes chillers, VAV boxes, air handlers, and radiant heat floor, all tied together by the HVAC control system.
- An energy-efficient building envelope,
- Daylighting in all classroom and studio spaces,
- Solar thermal radiant floor heating and solar thermal absorption chiller cooling systems,
- 112 KW photovoltaic system,
- Solar domestic hot water,
- Natural ventilation strategies,
- Low & no VOC content materials,
- Use of rainwater for toilet flushing and cooling tower,
- A wetland for detention and treatment of stormwater runoff,
- Indigenous landscaping with no irrigation demand.