The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden
Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
ABC Excellence in Construction Award
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden is 2-acres and features 16 unique experiences that highlight Ohio’s landscape and geology.
Featured Garden Spaces:
- Entry/Forecourt – Overhead prism arch, sculptures, topiaries, and a willow tunnel.
- Rainbow Welcome Terrace – Misting boulders and orientation panel.
- Sunrise Lawn – A compass, and amphitheater lawn seating.
- Canopy Walk (Type VB Construction) – A treetop bridge, wooden deck, a rope bridge, and two hammocks.
- Nature Play Zone – Crawl tunnels, floating tent, balance beams, and a web climb.
- Inspiration Pocket Gardens – Humming bird feeders, bee hotels, spiral/textured path, musical corner, and a pavilion with a green roof and both slatted and living wall panels.
- Playhouse Garden – A discovery dig, and salamander mosaic trail.
- Sandstone Bluff – A seep wall.
- My Ohio Woods – A sandstone creek, small pools, cascades, and a curved bridge.
- Learning Pavilion – A multi-purpose space, restrooms, storage, vending, and food and hand washing stations.
- Let’s Garden – A portable fire pit, raised garden beds, compost bins, a compost tumbler, and a tool shed.
- Nature Art Studio – A props wall, chalk board, and flexible space for activities.
- Wetland Explore – A boardwalk, floating pavers, and a vernal pool.
- Whisper Gardens – Reading garden, a whisper bench, and a fairy house garden.
Interested in having us take on your construction project? Contact us today